Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions govern use of this website.
1. Definitions. "California Transit Association" shall mean the California Transit Association its employees, officers, directors, and all other persons or entities affiliated with the California Transit Association who are responsible for creating, maintaining, and publishing this Website. "Content" shall mean all materials, information and images contained on the website, including but not limited to, trademarks, copyrightable materials, advertisements, data, text, graphics, files, photos, software and video. "Website" shall mean the Internet site located at the URL address http://www.caltransit.org. "User" shall mean any person or entity that accesses or uses the website in any manner.
2. Limited License for Personal and Non-Commercial Use Only; Printing of Website Content. Users of this website are granted a limited, nonexclusive license to use the website and its content for personal and non-commercial use only. Users may print articles, news stories, press releases, FAQs and other reading materials ("Documents") from this website for the user's personal, non-commercial use only, provided that such documents are not modified or revised in any manner. Except as permitted herein, Content may not be reproduced, sold, licensed, transferred, modified, distributed, transmitted, used to create derivative works from, published, displayed, or otherwise used or exploited for any purpose without the express written permission of California Transit Associaton. Users agree not to use this Website or the content for any illegal or prohibited purpose, or in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website, Content or any of California Transit Association's servers, or interfere with any other party's use of the Website or Content. Users agree that they shall not attempt to gain any unauthorized access to the website or content, through password mining, hacking or any other means, or harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses. Users agree that they will not attempt to obtain any Content not intentionally made available to them at this Website. Users shall not upload any files that contain Trojan horses, viruses, corrupted files, worms, or other programs or software that may damage or interrupt the websites, computers or software of California Transit Association or others.
3. Linking to or Framing this Website. Users may not create links to or frame the Website for any purpose without the express written consent of California Transit Association.
5. Advertisers. Advertisement banners and other forms of advertising exist on the Website. However, California Transit Association is not responsible for the claims or representations made by any advertiser on the Website nor is California Transit Association responsible for the products and services of advertisers on the Website. Furthermore, mere presence of an advertiser on the Website does not constitute an endorsement, approval, or sponsorship of any advertiser by California Transit Association in any respect unless expressly indicated otherwise.
6. Accuracy and Updating of Website Content. California Transit Association takes reasonable steps to maintain the accuracy and update the Content on the Website. However California Transit Association does not make any representations or warranties regarding the accuracy of the Content, nor does California Transit Association make any commitment to update the Content. California Transit Association reserves the right in its sole discretion to add, remove or otherwise modify the Content and the Website at any time without notice.
7. Forums and Blogs; Responsibility for Submissions; California Transit Association’s Right to Remove Submissions. From time to time, a discussion forum, bulletin board, blog, chat area, news group, community, or other feature designed so that Users may upload data and images or communicate with others ("Forum") may be made available to Users on this Website. California Transit Association in its sole discretion, reserves the right to review, control or edit any text, data, images, files, or other materials that may be uploaded, posted or submitted in any Forum ("Submissions") as well as the right to refuse to post any such Submission. California Transit Association does not guarantee that it will review every Submission, nor does California Transit Association guarantee the accuracy, legality or reliability of any Submissions, and under no circumstances will California Transit Association be responsible or liable for submissions, and users are advised to investigate and evaluate submissions prior to relying on any of them. Users understand that submissions may be accessible to and viewed by the general public, therefore Users should exercise caution before including any personally identifiable information in a Submission.
Each Forum may have rules particular to that Forum, and Users agree to abide by those rules when participating in that Forum. California Transit Association reserves the right to limit or terminate access to Forums at any time for any reason without notice.
8. Modification of Agreement. California Transit Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify or revise this Agreement at any time without giving notice. Users agree to be bound by any modification or revision of the Agreement upon electronic posting to the Website.
9. Suspension or Termination of Access. California Transit Association reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate a User's access to the Website for any reason, including but not limited to, a User's breach of this Agreement.
10. Indemnification. User agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless California Transit Association from all actions, liabilities, losses, claims, damages, costs, and expenses including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from the User's violation of any term of this Agreement or alleged illegal use of this Website.
11. Reservation of Rights. All rights not expressly granted or addressed herein are reserved by California Transit Association.
12. Ownership of Website and Content. All rights, title and interest in and to the Website and Content belong solely and exclusively to California Transit Association and/or any third party owner of particular Content. The Website and the Content are protected by applicable federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to copyright and trademark laws.
13. Cancellation and Refund Policy. California Transit Association membership dues are non-refundable. All event cancellations must be received 30 days prior to the start date of the event for a full refund, California Transit Association offers partial refunds on an individual case basis.
14. USER'S CONSENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND TO AGREEMENT. IN CONSIDERATION OF BEING ALLOWED TO USE THE WEBSITE, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AS SET FORTH ABOVE. USE OF THE WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR ASSENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED FROM ACCESSING AND/OR USING THIS WEBSITE IN ANY MANNER.