With our results-oriented approach to advocacy, making news is what we do. Keep tabs on Association happenings by viewing our release of important announcements to the press.
For inquiries or further information, contact Association Public Affairs & Communications Director Virginia Drake at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- House Leaders Unveil Core Infrastructure Bill, INVEST in America Act
U.S. House Committee leaders announce transformational, once-in-a-generation transportation infrastructure bill, INVEST in America Act, covering core of President Biden's American Jobs Plan.
JUNe 4, 2021
- Statement in Support of Newsom Administration's May Revision Budget Proposal
California Transit Association applauds the Newsom Administration’s May Revision Budget Proposal released today, which prioritizes investments in public transit that will help California navigate economic recovery and establish long-term growth.
May 14, 2021
- California Transit Association Makes Key Recommendations to Inform Development of the American Jobs Plan
This week the California Transit Association submitted a suite of recommendations to key Congressional leaders, charged with advancing the Biden-Harris Administration’s American Jobs Plan.
MAY 6, 2021
- Rebuilding Nation's Infrastructure Blueprint for Rebuilding Post-Pandemic Economy
California Transit Association applauds the Biden-Harris Administration for introducing the ambitious blueprint to Build Back Better, which includes new investments of $621 billion for transportation infrastructure and resilience over the next eight years
MArch 31, 2021
- California Transit Association Applauds California Department of Public Health for Commitment to Prioritize Vaccinating Transit Workers
Recent announcement by California Department of Public Health is affirmation of critical role public transit plays in society and recovery efforts.
march 11, 2021
- California Transit Association Hails Senate's Passage of the American Rescue Plan
California Transit Association hails Senate’s passage of the American Rescue Plan providing $30 Billion in critical funding relief for public transit agencies nationwide, with California expected to receive $4 Billion of package.
march 6, 2021
- Governor Newsom and State Lawmakers Strike Deal to Reopen Schools
California Transit Association issued a statement in response to the agreement reached by Governor Gavin Newsom and state lawmakers to reopen California’s schools for in-person instruction by March 31.
march 1, 2021
- Public Transit is Essential to Reopening of Schools
In response to the ongoing negotiations between Governor Gavin Newsom and the State Legislature over a proposal to reopen K-12 schools, this afternoon the California Transit Association submitted a letter urging the state to grant frontline transit workers priority access to the COVID-19 vaccine alongside other transportation professionals in the education and child care sector.
february 24, 2021
- $30 Billion COVID-19 Emergency Funding for Public Transit
California Transit Association applauds House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure for providing $30 Billion of COVID-19 emergency funding for public transit.
FEBRUARY 9, 2021
- California Transit Association Urges Governor Gavin Newsom to Reprioritize Transit Frontline Workers In Vaccine Rollout
California Transit Association submitted a letter to Governor Gavin Newsom urging him to again prioritize transit frontline workers in the state’s new rollout plan.
January 26, 2021
- New Executive Director - Michael Pimentel
Michael Pimentel is announced to lead California Transit Association as Executive Director.
January 5, 2021
- Future of Transit Report
Transit Agencies’ Report Prioritizes Rider and Workforce Safety as Agencies Recover Amid COVID-19 Pandemic.
July 21, 2020
- Emergency Funding Relief Request
California Transit Association issues formal request for relief funding to state and federal leadership, launches “California Without Transit” statewide ad campaign.
June 30, 2020
- Response to 2020 May Budget Revise
State funding for local public transit down $350 million on top of $2 billion in local losses. Additional state support likely needed to stabilize transit.
MAY 14, 2020
- Response to CARES Act
Recently signed federal stimulus provides much-needed relief for struggling California transit agencies.
MARCH 27, 2020
- New Leadership Seated
New Executive Committee Chair and Vice Chair Elected for 2019-2021 Term
November 13, 2019
- Voters Reject Proposition 6
Decisive Outcome Preserves Critical Funding for State's Transportation Infrastructure
November 7, 2018
- New Study Reports Massive Economic Benefits of SB 1
Nearly $183 billion in economic activity and driver benefits throughout the California economy will occur in the next 10 years due to the passage of SB 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act, according to a new study.
February 28, 2018
- Setting the Record Straight on Bus Electrification
The Association responds to an op-ed by a member of the Air Resources Board that slams transit agencies for "stalling" action on zero-emission bus regulations.
February 1, 2018
- Transit Leaders: Senate Bill 1 About More than Just Road Repair
Criticism of landmark transportation infrastructure package decried as disingenuous and short-sighted
May 26, 2017