With our results-oriented approach to advocacy, making news is what we do. Keep tabs on Association happenings by viewing our release of important announcements to the press.
For inquiries or further information, contact Communications Director Jeff Wagner at (916) 446-4656, x 1016, or email@example.com.
- Voters Reject Proposition 6
Decisive Outcome Preserves Critical Funding for State's Transportation Infrastructure
November 7, 2018
- New Study Reports Massive Economic Benefits of SB 1
Nearly $183 billion in economic activity and driver benefits throughout the California economy will occur in the next 10 years due to the passage of SB 1, the Road Repair and Accountability Act, according to a new study.
February 28, 2018
- Setting the Record Straight on Bus Electrification
The Association responds to an op-ed by a member of the Air Resources Board that slams transit agencies for "stalling" action on zero-emission bus regulations.
February 1, 2018
- Transit Leaders: Senate Bill 1 About More than Just Road Repair
Criticism of landmark transportation infrastructure package decried as disingenuous and short-sighted
May 26, 2017
- Transit Leaders Applaud Landmark Funding Law
State transit leaders today praised Governor Brown for signing into law an historic transportation funding and reform measure.
April 27, 2017
- Trump's Budget a Raw Deal for Transit
California transit leaders denounced the budget plan released this morning by President Donald J. Trump as the act of a federal government retreating from its responsibilities.
March 16, 2017
- Sen. Jim Beall Honored as Legislator of the Year
In recognition of his long-standing commitment to advancing the interests of public transit in California, Sen. Jim Beall (D-San Jose) was honored with the Legislator of the Year award presented by the California Transit Association.
June 2, 2016
- Transit Leaders Press for Special Session Solutions
Bills introduced as lawmakers deliberate infrastructure needs would help alleviate $72 billion transit funding shortfall.
September 1, 2015
- Transit Leaders Praise Steinberg Plan for Cap and Trade Allocations
Measure Complements and Grows Initial Proposal from Governor Brown
April 14, 2014
- Brand New
California Transit Association Launches New Brand Identity and Website
March 13, 2013
- Fall Conference Partnership Announced
California Transit Association Teaming Up with CalACT to Present 2013 Event in Anaheim
February 27, 2013