With our results-oriented approach to advocacy, making news is what we do. Keep tabs on Association happenings by viewing our release of important announcements to the press.
For inquiries or further information, contact Association Public Affairs & Communications Director Virginia Drake at email@example.com.
- Gov. Newsom Signs Legislation Streamlining Sustainable Transportation
Gov. Newsom signs Association-sponsored legislation into law that will expand CEQA exemptions and expedite sustainable transportation projects.
OCTOBER 1, 2022
- Gov. Newsom Signs Legislation Fast-tracking ZEB Adoption
Gov. Newsom signs Association-sponsored legislation into law that will accelerate public transit industry’s zero-emission transition.
SEPTEMBER 16, 2022
- Governor Newsom Signs Historic $300 Billion State Budget
Gov. Newsom signs historic $300 billion State Budget that once again acknowledges pivotal role of public transit and rail for advancing state’s environmental goals and boosting economic growth,
JUNE 30, 2022
- Governor Newsom Announces $11 Billion Relief Package for Californians, Including Public Transit Riders
Governor Gavin Newsom announced a $11 billion relief package to help Californians bear record-high gas prices and support public transit’s ability to provide more relief and access to riders.
MARCH 23, 2022
- Asm. Mullin Carries Key Priority for the Association, Introduces New Legislation to Accelerate Public Transit Industry's Zero-Emission Transition
Assemblymember Kevin Mullin (D-San Mateo) introduced Assembly Bill 2622 sponsored by the California Transit Association to accelerate the public transit industry’s complete transition to zero-emission bus fleets. AB 2622 will extend Mullin’s previous legislation (AB 784, 2019) that created a sales and use tax exemption specifically for zero-emission buses (ZEBs) purchased by California’s public transit agencies.
FEBRUARY 18, 2022
- California Transit Association Applauds Gov. Newsom's Proposed Fiscal Year 2022-23 State Budget
Through his proposed budget for FY 22-23, Governor Newsom has once again acknowledged the importance of public transit and rail investments for advancing the state’s ambitious environmental goals, creating good paying California-based jobs, boosting economic growth, and connecting more equitable, resilient communities for all Californians.
JANUARY 10, 2022
- California Transit Association Elects Golden Empire Transit District CEO Karen King as New Chair
California Transit Association elects Golden Empire Transit District CEO Karen King as New Chair and San Diego Metropolitan Transit System CEO Sharon Cooney as Vice Chair.
NOVEMBER 12, 2021
- House Passes Landmark Bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act
The United States House of Representatives passed the long-awaited, landmark bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, advancing the largest-ever federal investments in the nation’s public transit systems and core infrastructure priorities.
NOVEMBER 5, 2021
- California Transit Association Hails Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill Passed by Senate
The California Transit Association strongly supports the Senate's passage of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill, which proposes the largest ever federal investments in public transit and passenger rail that can transform California and the nation.
AUGUST 10, 2021
- Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal Passes Senate, Advancing New Levels of Funding to Help Nation in Recovery
The United States Senate and President Joe Biden struck a long-awaited Bipartisan Infrastructure Deal. The deal, which invests $550 billion in the nation’s infrastructure, subsequently cleared a procedural vote in the Senate on a 67-32 vote count.
JULY 29, 2021
- Federal, State and Local Transportation Infrastructure Spending Creates $200B in Economic Benefits
The California Alliance for Jobs, the California Transit Association, the California State Association of Counties, and the League of California Cities recently released a new report conducted quantifying the benefits of transportation infrastructure investments across numerous sectors of the economy.
JULY 27, 2021
- New Actions Report Advancing a More Inclusive, Diverse, and Equitable Association
New actions report unveiled by the California Transit Association to impact equity in the transit arena.
JULY 19, 2021
- Gov. Newsom Signs Historic State Budget
Governor Newsom signs historic State Budget passed by Legislature, which prioritizes public transit in California’s recovery.
JULY 13, 2021
- U.S. House Passes INVEST in America Act
U.S. House of Representatives passes the INVEST in America Act, a transformational, once-in-a-century transportation and water infrastructure bill to boost the nation.
JULY 1, 2021
- State Legislature Passes Budget Bill Prioritizes Public Transit
California Transit Association commends new State Budget passed by Legislature, which benefits all Californians and elevates public transit in that state's recovery.
JUNe 14, 2021
- House Leaders Unveil Core Infrastructure Bill, INVEST in America Act
U.S. House Committee leaders announce transformational, once-in-a-generation transportation infrastructure bill, INVEST in America Act, covering core of President Biden's American Jobs Plan.
JUNe 4, 2021
- Statement in Support of Newsom Administration's May Revision Budget Proposal
California Transit Association applauds the Newsom Administration’s May Revision Budget Proposal released today, which prioritizes investments in public transit that will help California navigate economic recovery and establish long-term growth.
May 14, 2021
- California Transit Association Makes Key Recommendations to Inform Development of the American Jobs Plan
This week the California Transit Association submitted a suite of recommendations to key Congressional leaders, charged with advancing the Biden-Harris Administration’s American Jobs Plan.
MAY 6, 2021
- Rebuilding Nation's Infrastructure Blueprint for Rebuilding Post-Pandemic Economy
California Transit Association applauds the Biden-Harris Administration for introducing the ambitious blueprint to Build Back Better, which includes new investments of $621 billion for transportation infrastructure and resilience over the next eight years
MArch 31, 2021
- California Transit Association Applauds California Department of Public Health for Commitment to Prioritize Vaccinating Transit Workers
Recent announcement by California Department of Public Health is affirmation of critical role public transit plays in society and recovery efforts.
march 11, 2021