Our Association actively engages state decision makers to shape transit-friendly policy, secure increased transit funding and promote the benefits of a balanced transportation system. We maintain direct access to elected officials and government professionals, working closely with them to shape the future of transit.
Affiliation with the California Transit Association allows members to speak with a stronger voice, learn through education and training, and collaborate with other similarly minded transit industry members.
As a member and supporter of the Association, you should expect:
- Representation of your specific agency’s concerns to be heard at the state level
- Encouragement to participate in advocacy efforts including visits to legislators and testifying before legislative committees and rule-making agencies
- Direct access to the Association’s Executive Leadership and Staff boasting decades of experience in transit-related matters
- Opportunities to take an active role in the guidance of the Association by serving on one or more of our standing committees
- Access to invaluable reporting and updates on transportation policy news including our weekly Executive Director’s Report, timely Legislative Bulletins and Funding Updates, and our online, interactive Fare Summary
- Networking opportunities to interact with other transit professionals through committee meetings, conferences and workshops
- Professional development and training through our signature conference events and webinars.
- Previews of new products and services offered by leading transit vendors
The benefits and features of membership are plenty, but members frequently cite the outcomes these benefits generate as the true value of affiliation with the California Transit Association. Members will tell you they have attained:
- A deeper knowledge of how transit policy and funding work
- A better understanding of transit’s horizon and the challenges to be overcome
- A firmer grasp on transit operation best practices
- Stronger relationships with other like-minded transit professionals around the state
- An inspired attitude about transit’s ability to make a positive impact on the communities it serves