Categories and Dues Structures
The California Transit Association offers four categories of membership tailored to the type and size of your organization. Member categories include Public Transit System, Commuter Rail Agency, Transit Support Group and Business Member. Dues are dependent on a number of factors, including membership type and organization size. Payment of dues via credit card is only available to Transit Support Group and Business Members.
Public Transit System
Membership dues are based on the transit agency’s annual budget (total expenses, per the State Controller's Report). To become a member, complete this application form. Once payment has been received, your membership will be activated.
- Small Public Transit System (operating expenses less than $5 million) – $1,000 (introductory rate available for a maximum of two years
- Small Tier 2 Public Transit System (operating expenses between $5 million and $10 million) – $3,000 . (introductory rate available for a maximum of two years)
- Large Public Transit System – Association staff will calculate your dues and send you an invoice
Commuter Rail Agency
Commuter rail agency dues are dependent on the form of an agency’s governing board. If the board includes at least one public transit system member of the Association, dues are a fixed amount. For agencies whose governing board does not include any members of the California Transit Association, dues are determined based on the commuter rail agency’s operating budget.
To become a member, complete this application form. Association staff will calculate your dues and mail you an invoice. Once payment has been received, your membership will be activated.
Transit Support Group
The membership dues for a transit support group or organization is $1,312. This category includes regional transportation planning agencies, air quality management agencies and other governmental agencies. It also includes other transit-related associations and trade publications. To become a member, complete this application form.
Business members include manufacturers, consultants, distributors and transit contractors. To become a member, complete this application form. Dues are dependent on your organization's size and type:
- Large Business (company’s net worth exceeds $750,000*) – $1,312
- Standard Business (company’s net worth does not exceed $750,000*) – $983
- Start-Up Business (company's net worth does not exceed $500,000* and less than four years in business) – $600 (introductory rate available for a maximum of two years)
- Sole Consultant – $312 (self-employed, single-employee consultant)
* Based on the Federal Transit Administration’s net worth cap of $750,000 to qualify as a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). Members do not have to be certified as a DBE with the Federal Transit Administration, nor is any verification of financial status requested.
If you have membership questions, please contact Kim Rothschild via email at email@example.com, or by calling (916) 446-4656, x 1492.