2019 Conference Presentations
Use the links below to view PDF versions of concurrent session presentations from the California Transit Association's 54th Annual Fall Conference & Expo, held November 13-15, 2019 in Monterey. Links below represent all presentations that have been received.
Fiscal Planning & Policy
Storytelling With Data
• Linda Morris, Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
Real-Life Experiences with Battery Electric Buses
• Bobby Hill, BYD
• Donna DeMartino, San Joaquin Regional Transit District
• Jerry Estrada, Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District
• Mike Finnern, Proterra
Building ZEB Infrastructure for Hydrogen Fuel Cell Fleets
• Al Cioffi, Plug Power
• Bill Habibe, Orange County Transportation Authority
• Chris Kretz, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.
• Lauren Skiver, SunLine Transit Agency
Critical Leadership Skills Transit Managers and Supervisors Need Today
• Combined Presentation
Effective Communication Tools and Techniques
• Doran Barnes, Foothill Transit
• Hillary Blackerby, Santa Barbara Metropolitan Transit District
• Steve Sisneros, Omnitrans
Customer Service Via Social Media
• Beverly Greene, Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District
• Gabrielle Mejia, Foothill Transit
California Microtransit Projects
• Rashidi Barnes, First Transit Group
• Johnny Dunning, Orange County Transportation Authority
• Joshua Fogelson, LADOT
• Toan Tran, San Joaquin Regional Transit District
• Christy Wegener, SamTrans
Getting Real About Recruiting Bus Operators
• Julie Espy, Orange County Transportation Authority
Our 55th Annual Fall Conference & Expo program will provide content-rich sessions in a virtual format.
As our world changes, this year’s conference will acknowledge and address the most pressing social and technological trends transforming public transit as well as the calls for racial justice that we know must be embedded in our industry’s work going forward. As always, we will highlight innovations in transit service delivery and pilot programs being conducted by transit agencies around the state to share best-practices and explore what is working and what is not. Specific topics for this year’s keynote presentations and concurrent sessions include:
The Future of Transit
Racial Justice & Transportation Equity
Community Outreach & Engagement
.....and much more
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 18
9:00 am –10:00 am General Session
10:45 am – 11:45 am Five Concurrent Sessions
11:45 am –12:45 pm Expo
12:45 pm –1:45 pm Five Concurrent Sessions
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 19
9:00 am –10:00 am Keynote
10:30 am–11:30 am Five Concurrent Sessions
11:30 am–1:30 pm Expo & Prize Drawing
1:30 pm–2:30 pm Five Concurrent Sessions
*Subject to change
Connect With an Influential Audience
The 55th Annual Fall Conference & Expo is known for its dynamic conference program and wonderful networking opportunities.
Great opportunities are available to have your company name front and center before and during the virtual conference. There will be both online and printed spotlights to recognize your sponsorship, including a mailed welcome kit that will be sent to each attendee.
All conference registration includes access to all educational sessions and speaker materials.
Registration fees increase by $50 on October 19.
Participants who wish to cancel their conference registration must contact the California Transit Association in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event of a cancellation, the following refund policy applies:
- Cancellations received by October 19 will receive a full refund.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after October 19.
- Registered for the conference but can't make it? Ask about how to transfer your registration to another member of your organization.