- Chief Executive Officer, Southern California Regional Rail Authority
- Former CEO, Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- Former CEO, Orange County Transportation Authority
- Former GM, Metro Transit, Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Former Chief Operations Officer, Southern California Rapid Transit District
- Former Bus Operator, Southern California Rapid Transit District
Art Leahy was appointed as Metrolink’s Chief Executive Officer in April 2015. With more than 40 years of public transportation leadership and experience, Art is one of the nation’s leading transit officials.
Art served as Chief Executive Officer of the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro) for six years. During that time, he guided implementation of one of the largest public works programs in United States history, securing billions in federal and state dollars to help finance construction of dozens of transit and highway projects. Prior to his tenure as Metro CEO, Art led the Orange County Transportation Authority (2001-2009) and served as the general manager of Metro Transit (1997-2001) in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
Growing up in the Highland Park community of Los Angeles, both of Art’s parents worked in the transit industry, and he himself started as a bus operator in 1971 for the Southern California Rapid Transit District (SCRTD) in Los Angeles. He rose through the ranks to become Chief Operations Officer before taking the position at Metro Transit in Minnesota.
Learn more about Art Leahy through this article from the July, 2015 edition of Transit California.